We, Wild Atlantic Wicks, are makers of handmade candles based in Galway on the west coast of Ireland, in the middle of the beautiful Wild Atlantic Way.
You can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Why we use Personal Data
We process your personal data to carry out:
- Sales, payments and deliveries
- Customer enquiries
- It is necessary for a service or contract you have entered into e.g. when you purchase a candle.
- There are legal or regulatory reasons e.g. for accounting and tax purposes.
- We have a legitimate interest to do so. This means a business reason to use your data which takes into account your rights and to which you may object e.g. marketing.
How we collect this data
Directly from you e.g. face to face, phone calls or forms you fill in on our website.
If you are an existing customer or you have subscribed to our free newsletter we may on occasions contact you. You may opt out of this marketing at any time by contacting email@example.com.
Who we share your data with
We use a number of data processors in the course of our work. Our current list of processors is:
- Bigcartel - Online website hosting
- Microsoft Office365 - Office administration and document management
- Register365 - Email hosting
- Stripe - Electronic payments
- SumUp - Electronic payments
We sometimes make use of services provided by 3rd parties which may need the transfer of personal data outside the EU/EEA. We chose providers who process data on the basis of:
- Model Contract Clauses
- An Adequacy Decision from the European Commission
We retain data for as little time as possible. Our retention periods are based on:
- Statutory Obligations e.g. we need to keep financial records for revenue purposes.
- Contractual Requirements e.g. to deliver your purchases to you.
Typically, this is for 6 years after our relationship with you ends.
You have a range of rights under EU Data Protection law.
At any time, you may:
- Ask us for a copy of your personal data.
- Correct and update mistakes/incomplete personal data.
- Raise a complaint with the Data Protection Commission.
- Ask for us to delete your personal data.
- Restrict use or object to us processing your data e.g. for marketing purposes.
- Take your personal data to another provider.
- Exercise a right not to be subject to solely automated decisions.
If you have any further questions or you wish to exercise your rights, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last updated on 01/12/2020.